Saturday, January 3, 2009

In my eternal conquest for the right school

So being that USF royally screwed me over in the financial department and I was more or less forced to transfer, I now find myself in Bellingham, WA. My brother Peter and I made the big move about a month ago into a small drafty apartment with shady neighbors and no towel rack in the bathroom. However, none of that really matters because its ours. It's the first time that I am paying my own rent, having to worry about bills and turning off lights and scrounging change for laundry. It's all very exciting and lonely but a brother makes much more bearable.

I'm starting classes at Western Washington U on Tuesday and I COULD NOT be more excited. Since my decision to transfer it's benn one hell of a bumpy road. Last semester I stayed home and worked and saved money for the move but I couldn't help but feel like my brain was melting out of my ears. I'm not a fan of not being in school. So the brain sweating begins on Tuesday with only 3 classes: Biology 101 with lab, European civilization 101, and Society and Lit Nanotexts.

I've rekindled an old middle school friendship and she also plays rugby which will make for a smooth transition to the life I loved and left in SF: RUGBY!! I'm also working at a small bakery and deli here in B'ham which I like. It's good pay and good people and I have no complaints.

Other than all that I'm still just tugging along, trying to keep afloat and having a good time. Until next time,

much love

No comments: