Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just one of my glowing sisters

My oldest sister Maggie is getting ready to have her second baby, this one expected to be a girl. When Maggie had Levi I was in high school and, though I appreciated it and was SO SO SO excited for it, this new baby has already touched me in unimaginable ways.

Although it's been mostly from afar, watching and experiencing Levi grrow has been so eye-opening. The way maggie and schuyler have raised him and the way they love and nurture him has made me nervous to have kids, i dont think i could do anywhere near the job theyve done. The kid is just so smart and bright and FUN!

I just feel like this time around being an auntie is going to be different because the idea of birth and new life is one that is so mind-blowing to me. This baby girl is the product of the love my sister and her husband and fostered, one which i hope to find in my own life. they are just both the most amazing people. they believe in themselves and in their own minds and i feel that creates the best kind of family for their children to grow up in.

since i can remember maggie has been an object of adventure and ingenuity and creativity and independence and strength and original thought. i guess its only natural that she would be such an outstanding woman and mother.

i feel like this whole post has been rambling and not really making the point i want to make. maybe i should boil it down.
-maggie and schuyler=the parents i want to be to my children some day
-levi=the funnest effing kid ever
-new baby girl=rocks my world

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Claire! You're so sweet!