Thursday, April 10, 2008

Corey Evans

As most of you know I went to a La Sallian high school. LHS is a member of the Christian Brother community and as such has sister and brother schools all over the world. In high school I did a lot of work with other La Sallian schools in our district (the San Francisco district), namely De La Salle North Catholic in Portland, OR and La Salle High School in Milwalkie, OR. I became evry close with a few kids from these schools and have kept in close contact with them.

One of my favorites from DLSNC was a kid named Corey Evans. Corey was so easy going and funny adn was so friendly. He and I have kept contact and have dbecome very good friends. A couple weeks ago I got a message from Corey's aunt saying that Corey was in a bad car accident. Corey was on his way to work and was hit in the drivers side door and was thrown from the passenger side door. He was wearing his shoulder strap but not his lap belt. Corey is suffering from a crushed pelvis, broken ribs, a collapsed right lung, a partially collapsed left lung and, what's causing the most concern, brain damage. Corey's body is healing really well but the brain damage is the main concern at this point. It's severe, though he is recovering.

Corey is a close friend of mine and I was hurt and schocked and scared out of my mind when I heard about this. I'm writing this to ask that you send Corey all the happy and loving and healing thoughts and prayers you can. Spare a moment to send him a little strength. Yo umay not know Corey, but he's not someone easily replaced and I, personally, think this world needs the kid. So halp out and send him some love. Thanks all.

much love

No comments: