Thursday, April 17, 2008

No time for roses

"stop and smell the roses"

Its getting to be the end of the semester and this one is turning out to be much more stressful than last semester. I know I've been complaining abou this a lot but it's scary. In the rush of finals and the time consumption of work and the desire for more rugby and the NEED for sleep I have found that the roses have remained oderless.

It's stange to think that one school year has almost come to an end when I feel like I just got here. I don't feel like I should be ending my first year of college, or even like I should be in college at all really. I still think back to my youth when I would think about high school students and how I couldnt WAIT for the day when I could be one of those girls. When college came up I just though of old people. boring libraries and quiet studying. I know thats not what college is really like and I know its much more youthful than my pre-teen self liked to think. However, I still feel like I'm out of place in the college scene...like I have to act older and more mature...

What I'm trying to lead up to, and not doing a very good job at, is that this year has come and gone with so much in tow that I have just been trying to keep my head above water and now that I'm getting the hang of it (or not) I'm scared I missed something. I spent/spend so much time being busy with work or school or rugby that I dont have time to slow down. It scares me that in the last year I dont think of new friends and new places. When I think back the first thing that comes to mind is GOD that was hard! Of course I have had a lot of fun, I just feel like when I was having fun I didnt stop to appreciate it as much as I should have.

much love

1 comment:

Karly said...

claire you are such a nerd